We a looking for a coordinator to handle the deliveries of our ships for the Operations department within Services. You will be responsible for organising the crew and the provisioning of the ships to be delivered. Furthermore, you will also have to handle the coordination of shipments on a project basis. You will occasionally need to be present in person at the launch or delivery of a vessel. This means you will become involved with all the products of Damen right around the world.
Tasks and responsibilities
You will be responsible for the management of the deliveries in relation to:
- The crewing of the ships (with employees on the company payroll or through employment agencies);
- Travel planning and preparation;
- Checking the Letter of Credit;
- Acting in compliance with/having knowledge of the international rules and regulations concerning the sailing and delivery of ships;
- Consulting with Engineering about the shipping plans;
- Making sure a surveyor is present for insurance issues.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in a nautical field;
- Experience with the management of projects with a tight deadline, including the drawing up of cost-price projections and the management of budgets;
- Experience with the organisation of shipping voyages is a plus;
- A proactive and hands-on mentality;
- Attention to detail, excellent communication skills, cost-conscious, and a genuine team player;
- Willing to travel occasionally in connection with your work.
Services Operations is the heart of Damen Services, which delivers its services to the clients of Damen Shipyards as a total services solution provider. Damen Services provides a wide range of customer support services around the world for all aspects of the commissioning, deployment, and lifetime extension of the ships and installations that have been supplied by the company. Its primary focus is the provision of customer services in relation to commissioning, repairs, guarantee support, servicing, and maintenance. Organising training sessions for crew members, the delivery of ships, maintenance management, and the supply of parts during construction work are also part of the services portfolio. Non-maritime deliverables include civil engineering projects (the construction of quays, jetties, slipways) and the supply of equipment (dredge pumps, pontoons, systems, etc.). As a total services provider and business partner of the clients of Damen Shipyards, Damen Services is also responsible for the deployment of human resources for structural and long-term projects.
|Date Updated||Friday 21 December 2012|
|Company name||Damen Shipyards|
|Contact||Mr. Alexander de Vries|
|Telephone||+31 183 654812|